Dev Manager - EasyBrokerAugust 2019 — Present | Web page
- Lead and coach the team. Work on coaching activities with direct reports. Make sure that the Dev Team is independent and grows professionally.
- Hire A level developers. Maintain and create a good process experience with all candidates.
- Work with Head of Product and Product Owner to create, organize, and follow up PivotalTracker stories.
- Ensure stories flow to production on time and correct organization of PivotalTracker boards on both Web and Mobile App projects.
- Act as a Scrum Master to help the team create proper story documentation.
- Document, execute and improve development team processes.
- Ensure the quality of team's code. Ensure the team receives good feedback on code reviews and that code is properly tested.
- Work on being a thought leader on Dev Managing.
Tech Lead - EasyBrokerMarch 2018 — August 2019 | iOS App | Android App
- Responsible of rebuilding from scratch and the continuous deployment of the second version of EasyBroker's mobile app.
- Review Sentry bugs every morning and ensure that bugs are created.
- Prioritize bugs every morning moving them from the Icebox to the Backlog.
- Plan daily releases and coordinate them in the Daily Standups.
- Ensure that code is properly reviewed and meets a high quality standard.
- Solve problems that others can't solve. Support team members that are stuck.
- Coach direct reports and help them establish long-term goals and that they meet them.
- Hire new team members and participate as the hiring manager.
- Create excellent design specs and ensure that team members also produce good specs when required.
Product Engineer - KriegerJanuary 2017 - February 2018 | Web page
- Worked with Card2Go in the development of their own casino loyalty card management platform. Developed some of the main features: statistics and billing transactions sections. Behance
- Worked with A3O Group and fPO in the development of their own payroll management web app. Investigated, planned and developed the main features: configuration wizard, notification and agenda section, a statistics section and a calendar. Behance
- Worked with A3O Group in the development of their own migration CRM. Planned, developed and delivered new features to production. Web page
- Worked with Surexs in the development of their own insurance CRM. Investigated, designed, planned, developed and deliver new features to production: A statistics section, online red tape processes, a support chat and a internal billing section. Web page
- Worked with iSeguro in the development of their own vehicle insurance quotation web app. Investigated, planned and developed the quotation section that consumed 6 different APIs from the biggest insurance companies like GNP, Qualitas and General de Seguros. Web page
- Worked with Mexico City's environment Secretariat in the development of a web app that helped citizens to comply with their vehicle obligations. Investigated, planned, developed and deliver it to production. Helped Mexico City's Secretariats to expose APIs and deliver their bidding paperwork.
- Wrote and presented sale quotations that included a software development plan.
- Supervised and coached Front-End developers.
- Headhunt and interviewed engineers to join the team.
Chief Technology Officer - Laboratorio para la CiudadApril 2015 - December 2016 | Web page
- Designed the first iteration of CódigoCDMX program in collaboration with Code For America. Web page
- Responsible for the digital platform that helped to discuss the new Constitution of Mexico City in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab. This project was led by Mexico City's Mayor. Web page
- Helped to build the first open dataset for Mexico City biking trails in collaboration with Google. Article
- Responsible for the technological solution of MapatonCDMX. A mapping contest, led by Mexico City's Mayor, to build the first open database of city's minibus system. Web page
- Helped to write Mexico City's Open City Law. It was the first time in Mexico's law that the words "Open Data" where introduced. Web page
- Responsible for the first digital debate platform of Mexico City's Government in collaboration with the MIT Media Lab. It was used to help to regulate private taxi apps (Uber). Video
Technology Innovation Manager - Laboratorio para la CiudadJuly 2014 - April 2015
- Designed, organized and led HackCDMX a 1,000 people hackathon. The biggest hackathon ever organized by a mexican government. Web page
- Open sourced Mexico City's Police App. It was the first time a mexican government open sourced their code. GitHub
- Responsible of the development of the second version of Mexico City's open data portal. We open sourced 73 datasets and built 8 APIs directly exposed from different government offices. Article
- Helped to organize HacedoresCDMX (Makers festival) workshops. Article
Embedded Systems Engineer - CombiQ (Sweden)April 2014 - July 2014 | Web page
- Worked in a sensor development project for Huskvarna Fleet Services solution. Video
- Worked in a senior care locking solution project for Phoniro AB.
Embedded Systems Engineer - Brain FusionDecember 2012 - March 2014
- Selected to work for a 1 year paid thesis program as a hardware and software developer for embedded systems.
- Worked in a 6 month Bluetooth Low Energy investigation.
Telecommunications Engineer - Unwired Solutions de MéxicoJuly 2012 - August 2012
- Worked on projects of indoor cellular network coverage.
- Supervised and configured the cellular infrastructure for Iusacell mobile network at Mexican Senate headquarters, Torre Mayor and Televisa complexes.
Audi Urban Future Award (AUFA) | First-place winnerNovember 2014 | Web page
Every two years Audi hosts the AUFA, which challenges cities from different parts of the world to investigate future mobility trends and come up with innovative solutions.
App Challenge HackDF | First-place winnerJanuary 2014 | Web page
HackDF was a 600 people hackathon organized by Mexico City Government. The award ceremony was led by Mexico City's Mayor.
Mobility Challenge ConectaDF | WinnerSeptember 2013 | Web page
ConectaDF was a mobility challenge organized by Mexico City Government.
Ericsson Challenge | FinalistSeptember 2013
Innovation Challenge created by ITESM in collaboration with Ericsson
Code For America SummitNovember 2016 | Web page | Tweet
Colombia 4.0October 2016 | Web page | Tweet
International Open Data ConferenceOctober 2016 | Web page | Tweet
State of the Map USJuly 2016 | Web page | Tweet
Social Media WeekJune 2016 | Web page | Tweet
Personal Democracy ForumMarch 2016 | Web page | Tweet
Open Government PartnershipOctober 2015 | Web page | Tweet
Aldea DigitalJuly 2015 | Web page | Tweet
Code for All SummitJuly 2015 | Web page | Tweet
National Radio ImagenMay 2015 | Web page | Tweet
National TV Channel 21March 2015 | Web page | Tweet
Tecnológico de Monterrey - Telecomunications and Electronic Systems Engineering2009 — 2013 | Web page
President of the student society: "Sociedad de Alumnos de Electrónica y Telecomunicaciones" (2012 - 2013).